Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Midwest roadtrip part 3

In the beginning of the week I was still in De Pere, WI. Then I drove to Chicago to pick up my boyfriend Eddie from the airport. We spent the day looking at schools in Chicago and enjoying Navy Pier. I'm still planning on going to Northwestern, but I have to reapply this coming year. I got in this year, but they wouldn't let me defer. Eddie was looking at law schools and graduate schools. Here we are on the ferris wheel on Navy Pier.



We drove to Germantown for one of my best friend's wedding. On the way there we stopped at the drive-thru A&W to get a root beer float and fried cheese curds. This was the first time Eddie had ever experienced fried cheese curds! The root beer float was nice since it was 95F out.



My friend Trixie and I threw our friend Lizz a bachelorette party that took place at the "downtown Germantown" bar called Bubs. We were going for classiness of course. We saw several people from high school there. Everyone had fun, so it was a success! The Kwiatkowski-Wieland wedding was beautiful. It was crazy hot, but everything went smoothly. My mom and Eddie were my dates.




My parents and I drove home yesterday and today I got my haircut. It'll be hot in Japan, and I've heard that haircuts aren't as trustworthy. I got it pretty short so that I can grow it out over the next year. I probably won't style it the same way the stylist did today.



STATS: I put 2100 miles on my parent's Corolla in the last three weeks. The only car trouble that I had was due to a hail storm that I got caught in that cracked the windshield. Gas was cheapest in Iowa and eastern Indiana at $2.86/gallon. The most expensive gas I saw was downtown Chicago and near Midway airport at $3.69/gallon! And the temperature surpassed 90F almost every single day.

No comments: