Friday, August 04, 2006

Call me! It's cheap!

I got a vonage line to use in Japan and chose a Boston area code so that my sister and Eddie can call me for free. It'll be a local call for them. My parents also have vonage, so it's free for them as long as I have an area code in the US. Only $15/mon for 500 anywhere and anytime minutes like a cell phone, except it connects through the internet. It's better than dealing with phone cards. This means that all of you can call me for cheap too. If you don't live in Boston, but have free long distance on your phone plan, it's free to call me. The number is 617-390-7812. I already setup my voicemail, so start calling! I'll install the entire device in my apartment as soon as I get there. If you're interested in signing up for vonage, email me and I can send you a coupon for one free month.

1 comment:

Joanna Rodgers said...

Jane! Wow! I cannot believe how far behind I am already! I am so glad that you are doing a blog - it will be great to go back and read over all of this when you get home and great for people who are now stuck back in the States (like me!) to travel with you!

GREAT LUCK with your first few days in Japan - I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Love,
Joanna