Friday, July 13, 2007

Update

Last weekend my friends and I camped at a beach on the southern coast of Shikoku. It rained most of the time, so I didn't get very many good pictures. Right before I went to bed, I picked up my jacket and put it around my arm. Then I felt this sharp pain in my left arm. I've never been stung by a bee before so I was afraid I might be allergic to them and that my throat would close up soon. But I continued to be able to breathe and the pain traveled up to my armpit! The pain was excruciating!!! We think I was stung by a poisonous centipede (mukade). I never saw what stung/bit me because it was hidden in my jacket and I lost track of it because I was so concerned with the possibility of dying. Anyways, this might have been what stung me:
It had to have been smaller than that though. Maybe it was a something else. I felt a lot better after about 48 hours or so. Now it itches, so I think I'll be fine. Other than that, we had a nice time! Here are my friends swimming. Actually, I haven't transferred those pictures yet, but I'll add that later.

Speaking of bugs, I had two tiny roaches in my apartment last week. I was trying to fall asleep and I heard something flying into the wall, so I turned on the light and found a tiny cockroach in my bed with me! I threw it outside, but then while I was trying to fall asleep again, another tiny cockroach flew into my armpit! I had to kill that one. Haven't had a problem since though.

There are so many insects out, and I think it's because it's the beginning of the typhoon season. There's a big typhoon coming this weekend. It's headed straight for us, but my friends and I are heading out for Tokyo before it's suppose to get here. It'll rain all weekend in Tokyo but I think the typhoon will lose a lot of steam in Osaka first.

1 comment:

Erin Bowers said...

OH MY GOD THAT IS SCARYYYY!!!!

I am sorry that you got attacked by a monster. :(

Peace,
Erin