Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Per Robyn's instructions, I wore red, white and blue to work today.
It was convenient because it was raining out and these cloths work well for biking in the rain. However, I had to change once I got to school because I gave a farewell speech in Japanese to all the teachers at my high school during the morning meeting. The speech went well. It made me realize that my Japanese has improved despite my lack of dedication to studying. Unfortunately for the students, but fortunately for me I think I learned a lot while listening to all the Japanese spoken during English class! My last class at this school was a lot of fun because it was a small elective class and we wrapped up our monopoly game!

Don't worry Robyn, after my class today I changed back into my red, white, and blue outfit.

Somehow I only have 3 weeks left here! The next two weeks will include my last lessons with all my students. I will attend a farewell party with the teachers from each of my four schools, another one with everyone in my section at the board of education, and then another with all the JETs in the prefecture for all the JETs that are leaving. My friends and I are also planning on going to Tokyo for a weekend, and a bullfight on the other side of our island before I go. On my way back to the US I will be stopping in Sydney, Australia for a week to visit my cousin Joanna and her fiance Tom!

Everything is happening so fast that it's hard to really reflect on my time here. I'll try to post when I can. There are a few things that happened last week that I didn't get a chance to post about, so I'll get those up here as soon as I can.

Have a wonderful time celebrating the 4th of July. I'm not sure I'm going to do anything more than wear red, white and blue. Justin might bring fireworks to the JET party this coming weekend so maybe it will feel more like the 4th of July then. I'm just happy I didn't have to march a bass drum around town today!

No comments: