Sunday, July 01, 2007

Takamatsu

(continuation of Maria's visit)

We visited Ritsurin Park in Takamatsu. There were a few nice volunteers there who wanted to guide us around the park. They were really just trying to practice their English and they seemed like nice guys so we went along with them around the park. We after about ten minutes, 8 or 9 other guides (men and women) showed up and we were bombarded with facts about the park. We didn’t really get a chance to peacefully look at the park because someone was always talking to us. I’m usually pretty annoyed when I feel like I’m at work when I’m trying to vacation, but the situation was just so humorous that I enjoyed it. I’m not so sure Maria did though. I got to practice my Japanese a little bit, they got to practice their English, and Maria got to practice her Spanish with a guy who supposedly spoke Spanish as well as Japanese and what I call marbled English. One guy kept taking pictures of us with him in the park. We kind of felt like an exhibit ourselves. We did the tea ceremony with the group too. I really love the teahouse in Ritsurin Park.





A few of the guides didn't make it into the picture, so make no mistake... there were more!

No comments: