Wednesday, October 25, 2006

more food!

Orange juice, banana milk, and a noodle sandwich with pickled radish on top:


Cottage cheese (note its non-curd creamy state):


Curry udon (sooo delicious), pickled vegetable salad (ick!), roll, apple jelly, milk, and tea:


Ham chowder (delicious!!), bread with soy crumbles called kinako (delicious!), mystery egg dish (kind of like a hush puppy filled with an egg, fried, and served cold), milk:


Catch-all noodle dish (noodles, squid, beef, carrots, potato), rice, salad (seaweed, lettuce, carrots, and eel fish), milk, tea:

Here's a close up of the eel fish. Note that you can see their eyes. Keep in mind that I had no idea what they were when I first sat down to start eating. I seriously thought that there were worms in my lunch. I was not happy with this meal, and I went home hungry that day.

2 comments:

Gypsy K. Sanchez said...

I always love the food pictures! The noodle sandwich was surprising; that's a lot of carbs! I wouldn't have eaten the wormy looking salad either.

Love
Mary

Anonymous said...

Come on Jane, those little "eel fish" are shirasu, one of Japan's greatest foods, and perhaps one of my favorites! They're extraordinarily good for you, full of protein and calcium. They're not all bad, just a little bit fishy and salty. Yum yum! School lunch!