Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Special Ed

I had a better day today with the kids. There's a pretty big difference in the way that the kids behave at each school. Today I team taught three classes, one of which was the special ed class. I've asked many people what they mean by the term they use to describe this class and they can't really translate it well. They say that the kids are slower, but when I interacted with them they seemed fine. So I don't think there's anything severely wrong. They were a lot of fun to teach because they seemed really eager to learn. Tomorrow I have the same type of class but a different grade level to teach. They have been described as kids that have epilepsy and hydrocephally. In the electronic dictionary that this school provided me with, the term for this class means flap or flutter. hmm

In every class after my self introduction there is time to ask me questions and so far I've been asked a lot of the same questions like who my favorite singer is or what my favorite Japanese food is. But today they asked me much more creative questions like how much my glasses cost! I was really impressed.

No comments: