Wednesday, September 20, 2006

more food!

This is chicken curry. The sauce is on the side here:

This is soba (buckwheat noodles). It's served cold with a sauce/juice on the side that you dip each noodle in before eating.

These are Naruto sweet potatoes. They look like red potatoes and have the consistancy of red potatoes, but taste like sweet potatoes!

This is a meal that I made with the Naruto sweet potatoes. That's my classic rice dish that I made - cooked rice with seaweed, onions, tomatoes, sesame seeds, and soy sauce. And on the right is smashed, buttered and salted sweet potatoes.
>

These are buns filled with strawberry jam. Some come with bean filling or other fruit filling.

These were next to the ritz bitz..... I did not purchase them for fear of a metamucil-type ingredient.

mmmmmmmmmm ramen the way it was suppose to be made. Ramen is actually a Chinese food, but it is eaten in Japan often. This is from a ramen shop. There's a small fatty piece of beef on top and a large container of black pepper on the right.

This is a teriyaki burger from Mosburger, a Japanese fast food restaurant. It wasn't very fast though. It wasn't crowded and it still took 15 minutes to serve this up. It's mostly lettuce as you can see. The burger wasn't very good, but the fries were! That's my cell phone on the left. Note the reusable cup that they serve the water in. They really try to reduce the amount of trash in Japan, even at fast food restaurants.

This is udon, the thickest noodle I've ever eaten. It's very Japanese. It can be eaten hot or cold. That's a sheet of seaweed in my hand.

This is the average size of a peanutbutter jar here. I buy the kind with chocolate already mixed in of course. It's my special treat.

This is just a funny shirt that I saw at a store.

2 comments:

Gypsy K. Sanchez said...

I love the pictures Jane! I particularly enjoy eating food that is arranged in an eye-appealing way, and I'm super jealous of what you've been eating in Japan.

Love
Mary

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Those all look deeelish! You're the smartest person ever to take pics of that stuff. I'm intrigued, to say the least. We have an assingment in our science class to try a new skill or hobby and write about the science behind it and I think i'm gonna make sushi! Do you think all that white rice and sodium-filled soy sauce effects the Japanese bodies? There's gotta be some health repercussions there, no? Anyway, I love keeping updated via your blogs! Talk to ya laters!
~Sarah M