Wednesday, November 22, 2006

tap dancing and Thanksgiving

Well last weekend I caught a cold and stayed home for two days. Luckily I got better just in time for the technical high school's cultural festival. Two of my friends and my supervisor come to the festival with me. We enjoyed the food, kareoke singers, and bazaar. Unfortunately it was raining, so not many non-school people came. They covered the stage though, so I did a little tap dancing number for everyone. They put microphones near the floor so that everyone huddled under tents and inside buildings could here my feet. It was the first time for everyone there to see tap dancing.... which took a little pressure off of me. I didn't use any music or costumes, but I did many typical tap steps. I didn't mess up, so I was happy. The look on the faces of my students was priceless. These photos are courtesy of Erin. Students were wearing their school uniforms.


I also did some calligraphy to display at the cultural festival. This is the calligraphy teacher who helped me practice, before I made my own.


Uh, I think I just ate an acorn. I'm at school and a teacher handed me a snack. It really looks like an acorn, but I don't think any humans eat acorns..... hmm, maybe it's a chestnut. Okay, a teacher just told me it was indeed a chestnut. Okay, that's settled.

Tonight Justin and I are headed to Osaka to catch a flight to Hong Kong, where we will spend Thanksgiving eating Chinese food. We're returning late on Monday, so I probably won't get pictures or stories up until Wednesday. Happy Thanksgiving to all my American readers!!!!!!!!!!!! Eat lots of mashed potatoes for me!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omgosh! you're went to HK!!!!!!!!
and you eat GOOD CHINESE FOOD!
I'm SOOOOOOOOO jealous!
glory