Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween part 2

Since Halloween isn't celebrated in Japan and the kids haven't seen anyone dressed up in a costume in person, I decided to go all out and be a ghost all day. Whenever I walked down the hall, I made eerie noises, and randomly said, "BOO!" I even taught class looking like this:

I think it was successful because the kids were really interested in learning about Halloween and kept cracking up when I had to readjust my eye holes or ran into something. They also thoroughly enjoyed chasing me in the hallway saying trick-or-treat. Luckily, thanks to my mom and aunts, I had enough candy to give one or two pieces to everyone at that school. After each class, I found a bunch of notes (in English!!) from students in my letter box on my desk. The teachers thought it was funny too. Every time I came back to the teachers' office, they would look up and giggle, something they rarely seem to do.

No comments: