Thursday, November 02, 2006

good hair day and smoke

I have been able to dry and curl my hair in under five minutes every morning because of one amazing electronic device. A two in one brush/blowdryer. It blows air from the bottom through the brush. It has changed my life. Here it is:


Every day I smell smoke. I've been pretty good about avoiding cigarette smoke, but the garbage and weed fires are completely unavoidable. There are little crop fields everywhere, and everyone seems to have a lot of stuff to burn. When I open my window in the morning, the first thing I smell are burning weeds. When I bike home at night, I pass through several hazy clouds of awful smelling smoke. It's getting really annoying and gross, but I'm starting to get use to it. When I get back to the US and miss Japan, I know that all I have to do is burn some garden leftovers and I'll feel right at home again. This is one of the smaller fires burning next to my street.


I'm going to Osaka and Nara (on Honshu) this weekend because tomorrow is a national holiday and I don't have to work. I should be home by Sunday night, if anyone wants to wait to call me Sunday morning America-time.

No comments: