Friday, June 15, 2007

eraser dust

This lovely contraption cleans chalkboard erasers. The erasers at my schools are like a rectangle block covered with corduroy, and the corduroy-like side is the part that you wipe the chalk off with. The erasers themselves are not that much fun. Well neither is chalk. I've succumbed to the chalk-all-over-my-pants problem that many teachers have. I really miss whiteboards. Anyways, I bring all this up because of this contraption:



Despite my distaste for chalk, I think this thing is really cool. The kids clean the erasers, but I have secretly always wanted to have a turn at cleaning them with this thing. Basically, you turn it on, slide the eraser over the slit, and it sucks all the chalk off of the eraser. Yes, of course there's a machine to take care of loose chalk dust!

No comments: