Sunday, January 14, 2007

the vacation is over

I said goodbye to Eddie this morning before he got on a bus that went straight to the airport. I've become accustom to long-term goodbyes for two reasons: my extended family has always been more than 3 hours away and I attended college out of state. However this goodbye was a lot harder for me to deal with. I think I've made it this long without homesickness because I've had so many interesting and crazy distractions. Eddie was a little reminder of home and now that he has gone, along with the fact that the newness of Japan has worn off, I've got a small case of homesickness. I have a lot to look forward to this week with friends and work, so I'll be okay. I know it will pass.

Eddie had some interesting observations that I'll post about later this week.

No comments: