Friday, January 26, 2007

planning and reading

My job isn't terribly intellectually stimulating, however I've spent a lot of my time planning and reading lately. The trip planning has gotten me very excited and the books have satisfied my brain. I've read 5 books in the last couple weeks, all of which my aunts and uncles sent me! I read a trilogy about the life of Josephine Bonaparte (Napoleon's wife), a James Patterson mystery, and Running With Scissors. Now I really want to watch the movies Marie Antoinette and Running With Scissors! I think they are coming to Japan soon.

Anyways, here are my future trips:

Tomorrow I'm going to the Dogo Onsen, the oldest onsen in Japan, in Matsuyama with friends. We're probably going to stay in a capsule hotel again.

My parents are visiting for two weeks at the end of March. This will be Spring vacation/the end of the school year for students in Japan, so I will have time to travel to Kyoto and Osaka with my parents.

During Golden week, a big holiday at the beginning of May in Japan, I'm going to return to Boston and visit my parents, Mary and Matt (sister and brother-in-law), Eddie, and Wellesley friends (小沢先生を訪問したいと思います!)Other than lots of catching up with friends and hugs and kissing with family, I have big plans for movie watching, restaurant frequenting, and shopping!!!!

About five days after I return from Boston, Matt and Mary are coming to visit for 2.5 weeks! Mary is heading up the planning for that trip. I know that we will definitely go to many onsens and make ramen at the instant ramen museum.

For my birthday in June, two of my friends that I met here and one of my Wellesley friends, who will be visiting at the time, and I will go to Hokkaido for a long weekend. Japan Airlines has a birthday special where you and three of your friends can fly anywhere within Japan for only $100 each, within one or two weeks of your birthday.


So there's going to be a lull in exciting posts during February, but I'll have silly and beautiful pictures back up again before you know it. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Gypsy K. Sanchez said...

btw, the Marie Antoinette movie kind of sucked. don't get your hopes up. those books sound interesting though, maybe I could borrow them when we visit you?

Love,
Mary