Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy V-Day!!!

Over the last week, nearly every Japanese person that I talk to on a regular basis asked me if I knew about Valentine's Day in Japan. I'm a little sick of hearing about it to be honest, but I should at least relay it on to you guys. On Feb 14th, girls give boys chocolate. Girls usually give some to their friends as well. It doesn't seem to change as they grow up. Women give their male coworkers and bosses chocolate. Today I received chocolate from a few of the female teachers and students. The students really went all out, which was really cute and delicious. I gave all of the teachers chocolate from Kobe since I was there last weekend. Everyone asked me if I sent Eddie some chocolate, but they weren't surprised or confused when I told them that I got him something else.

On March 14th boys and men give girls and women chocolate. It's called white day.


Today really seemed like any other day to me though. Snacks are passed out in the office every day.

No comments: